Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Next Big Thing Blog Hop 12/26/2012

1. What is the working title of your book?

At the moment, I am working on the second full length book the Moon Coven Series, Conversion.

2. Where did the idea for the book come from?

This particular series began as a dream, however I incorporated a little of my own Irish family heritage in the mix, and there you are.

3. What genre does your book fall under?

This series falls under the Young Adult/New Adult. 

4. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?

I could totally see Leighton Meestor as Lilyann Moon and Alden Ehrenreich as her vampire, Mason Shaw.

5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

This is a story about the adversities a family can overcome when they stick together, only with a supernatural twist. 

6. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

As of this moment, The Moon Coven Series is self-published.

7. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

It usually takes me about two (2) weeks for the shorts, and 4 months to write the full length novels. 

8. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I really can't compare this series to another, because of the unique quality of the story. 

9. Who or What inspired you to write this book?

My parents at first. My mom passed away the day after my birthday in 2001 from Breast Cancer. That event was life shattering. I almost gave up on everything. My husband and were talking one night, and he said, "What would your mom think? The fact that you want to be a writer, but you're not doing it." That was all the prodding it took. 

10. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I enjoy the supernatural element of books. So, in my books... no one is exempt from being touched by the paranormal, and no one is guaranteed to make it to the end, not even my main characters.

Pingback: Teresa Mummert Next Blog Hop is January 2, 2013
Jennifer Malone Wright
Facebook/Blog/Website
Willow Cross
Facebook/Blog/Website
Cameo Renae
Facebook/Blog/Website
Melissa Andrea
Facebook/Blog/
Jenny Phillips
Facebook/Website

No comments:

Post a Comment