Monday, February 18, 2013

My Review of Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter

Blurb
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….

To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….


I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently.
I'd tell my sister no.
I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad.
I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words.
Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time.
I'd tell them I love them.
I wish... Yeah, I wish.


My Review
5 cups of Expresso
Where do I begin with this review? Hmm... okay, how about Gena Showalter, you have a new fan for life! Being an author myself, I look at every aspect of a book; the style of writing, character development, storyline, plow flow, and most of all timing. Timing is key. This book was superbly written. The characters jump off the page and right into your imagination. They grow, mature right in front of your eyes. The style of writing is easy, yet complex. This is a book that I have avidly recommended to my own fans, and family. Thank you Gena for a wonderfully engaging story with lovable characters and thank you Harlequin Teen for publishing a fabulous book by an amazing author! Well done. 

Stalker Links
Website
Facebook Fanpage
Purchase Links
Barnes and Noble
Amazon

As always, until next time...
~K.B. Miller, XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment