Friday, July 12, 2013

My review of P.S. I Love You by Cecelia Ahern

Blurb
A novel about holding on, letting go, and learning to love again.

Now in paperback, the endearing novel that captured readers' hearts and introduced a fresh new voice in women's fiction Cecelia Ahern.

Holly couldn't live without her husband Gerry, until the day she had to. They were the kind of young couple who could finish each other's sentences. When Gerry succumbs to a terminal illness and dies, 30-year-old Holly is set adrift, unable to pick up the pieces. But with the help of a series of letters her husband left her before he died and a little nudging from an eccentric assortment of family and friends, she learns to laugh, overcome her fears, and discover a world she never knew existed.

The kind of enchanting novel with cross-generational appeal that comes along once in a great while, PS, I Love You is a captivating love letter to the world!

Review
5 Owls
I actually found out about this book after seeing the movie. (Gerard Butler ... swoon) Friends and family cautioned me, because of losing my mother to cancer, this could be something that could possibly re-hash those horrible feelings. But ... they were wrong. It didn't hurt me to read this book. It had the exact opposite effect on me. It was cathartic, healing and in all reality a wonderful distraction! The book is different from the movie is several ways, but to me the two most glaring instances of these differences were; The movie was set in New York. The Book was set in Ireland. And, in the book Holly is left a note/message from Jerry every month and in the movie it's just a few. After reading this book the first time, I have read it every few months just to feel the wonderful, emotional rollercoaster it takes me on. And, it does ... EVERY single time that I read it. Totally recommend!


Stalker Links

Purchase Links

As always, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment