Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Teaser Tuesday OUAZA Episode #3

Coming Soon!!

My town, the little hamlet I called home was unrecognizable. It was no longer the posh, elegant suburban paradise I left, God... was it really only a week ago?

“Oh, my God,” I gasped.
The realization of just how dire our situation was pressed in on me like an iron fist squeezing my lungs and stealing my breath with each house that we passed. I eased my foot down on the brake.
Bodies of my neighbors mixed with those of complete strangers littered the previously manicured lawns and were now stained red with ribbons of blood and gore.

“Ky? You okay?” Jade followed my gaze, “Did you know those people?”

I nodded. Fear for Brock and Colton’s safety threatened to swallow me whole. My stomach began churning so quickly and violently that I didn’t dare speak.

“Which house is yours Kylee?” Cheri whispered from the hatchback.

I didn’t want to answer as my house came into view, so I just nodded in its direction. It was nestled at the crest of the cul-de-sac. My black Tahoe was still parked in the driveway where I had left it, and my husbands’ was next to it. The white stone siding looked exactly how I had left it; vines of ivy crawling up the pillars of the porch. My double seat swing gently rocked back and forth in the light breeze.

I pulled in front of my house taking care not to block my SUV. Zeke must’ve understood, because he pulled in behind me on the other side of the driveway.

Without thinking, my hand slid into my purse and pulled out my gun. Quickly I checked the clip, popped it back into place, and chambered a round. Jade mimicked my actions. If I walked in that door and found my worst nightmare; Brock and Colton as zombies, I would be the one to end it. And, if came down to it, end my own existence as well.

Make sure to follow the authors; 
K.B. Miller and Jennifer Malone Wright
for the Once Upon a Zombie Apocalypse journey!

As always, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment