Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Author's Korner with JD Nelson

I extended an invitation, and Author JD Nelson said yes! I'm so excited for you guys to get to know this amazing writer. I asked her to let you guys in on a few of her favorite things, and did she EVER deliver! Check out her answers, her questions for you, and her amazing books!

Top ten songs? Wow, I’m not sure if I could ever narrow it down, but I can tell you my ten favorite albums.

1. Bon Iver – Bon Iver (Awesome for writing heartfelt scenes)
2. Interpol - Interpol
3. Manchester Orchestra – Simple Math (Just the best writing music—ever)
4. Grizzly Bear - Veckaimest
5. St. Vincent – Strange Mercy
6. Everest – Ownerless
7. Bon Iver – Blood Bank
8. The Antlers – Undersea
9. Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever ago
10. Nine Inch Nails – With Teeth (My favorite to write action scenes to)

My favorite movies

I’d have to say, without a doubt, that my favorite movie of all time is the 2005 version of Pride and Prejudice. Mr Darcy! *swoon* It’s a tossup between the French movie Amelie and Easy A for my second favorite.

Favorite T.V. shows

I love True Blood and Vampire Diaries, but my favorite TV show (since The Secret Circle went off the air) is Hart of Dixie. I always make time to watch it. How could I not love a show about a fictional town set just below my hometown, Mobile Alabama?

YOUR favorite books

My all-time favorite book is Nice Girls don’t have Fangs by Molly Harper. The entire Jane Jameson series is really great! I also love the Ruby Blue Series by Julie Cassar, the Broken Heart Series by Michele Bardsley, the Edge Series by Ilona Andrews, and anything by JR Ward and Nalini Singh.
I could name my favorites all day! There are so many more!!

Person that you would most want to meet and have dinner with and why?

PC Cast. She literally got me into writing. When I began reading her House of Night Series, I loved it so much that I had a fangirl moment and sent her an email praising the series. To my surprise, she wrote me back later that day. In the email, she thanked me and then mentioned that I have an eloquent way of writing. I almost had a heart attack on the spot! After the shock wore off, I started thinking. Was she right? Do I have what it takes to be a writer like her? Needless to say, I went for it. I pulled up a blank word document and started that day.

JD asks YOU a few questions, and they are Awesome!

*** Elves aren’t really the most popular of supernatural creatures, but they have always been my favorite to write about. What unusual creature do you wish more authors included in their books?

*** Soren, one of my main characters in Night Aberrations, can transfigure into an owl. What animal would you become, if you could? I would be a panther!

*** Play it safe? Or not?
A Night of Wickedness has a sexy Vampire and a hot Werewolf. If you were a Tree Nymph, like Korrina is, would you be tempted to choose the wolf because he’s closer to nature, like you, or would you like the challenge of taming a vampire?


Author Biography
JD Nelson grew up in humid, rain-soaked Alabama, though she does not like the rain or the heat. If she could have chosen where she was raised, it would have been in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is where she moved to, as soon as the opportunity arose. She has since left the Bay Area for the slower pace of Central California and enjoys reading, writing, and spending time with her husband in the minuscule amount of free time that she has.

Book Blurb
 Mature 18+ for adult situations.

Emelie was a normal girl until the loss of her parents. Upon their deaths, the magic she had denied for so long disappeared, forcing her into a world of survival, and worse, betrayal. With her fate unknowingly decided before she was born, she finds the only way to save her kind is to give up her future—a future she didn’t want, until she had someone she couldn’t bear to lose.

Book Trailer





Book Blurb

Mature 18+ for adult situations.

Obsidian Raines is everything I hate in a new neighbor. He’s considerate, sexy, and a wealthy vampire.
Now, I know what you’re thinking, he sounds hot, right? Well, he is hot, but that’s not the point. If you were a nymph you would understand. Life for us is no picnic; most of us end up stalkers, sex addicts, and prostitutes. I am no exception to this rule, which is why I was sent to the middle of nowhere Alabama to be alone. How was I supposed to know that he would inadvertently destroy all of my therapist’s progress?

Book Trailer




As always until next time, Twitchy-Witchy kisses, K.B., xoxo

4 comments: