Saturday, April 20, 2013

My review of Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

Blurb
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 



Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.



My Review

5 Owls
People told me that I wasn't going to enjoy this book. After devouring it in a matter of 48 hours, my response... "Wanna bet?" I'm an author. Contemporary romance is not usually my thing. I write YA and NA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy. I've always had a hard time reading about events that could actually occur.

But, let me assure you... after reading Beautiful Disaster, I'm now a huge fan of contemporary romance!

The authors writing absolutely fit the genre. The characters were well developed with numerous layers and facets. I became attached to Travis and Abby after mere pages, which speaks volumes. The story line was well thought out and completely believable for the age group that it's written about. And, let's be honest... Mrs. McGuire delivered the one thing that most of us want in a book, a wonderful bad boy to fall in love with!

Walking Disaster releases on my birthday, April 2, and I have my copy preordered and ready to go.

Kudos to Jamie on this wonderful hit!



Purchase Links

Amazon - Barnes and Noble


Stalker Links

Facebook - Goodreads - Website


As Always, until next time...

Kymberlee, XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment