Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My Review of Suddenly Royal by Nichole Chase

Blurb
Samantha Rousseau is used to getting her hands dirty. Working toward a master’s degree in wildlife biology while helping take care of her sick father, she has no time for celebrity gossip, designer clothes, or lazy vacations. So when a duchess from the small country of Lilaria invites her to dinner, Samantha assumes it’s to discuss a donation for the program. The truth will change the course of her life in ways she never dreamed.

Alex D’Lynsal is trying to keep his name clean. As crown prince of Lilaria, he’s had his share of scandalous headlines, but the latest pictures have sent him packing to America and forced him to swear off women—especially women in the public eye. That is, until he meets Samantha Rousseau. She’s stubborn, feisty, and incredibly sexy. Not to mention heiress to an estate in his country, which makes her everyone’s front-page news.

While Sam tries to navigate the new world of politics and wealth, she will also have to dodge her growing feelings for Alex. Giving in to them means more than just falling in love; it would mean accepting the weight of an entire country on her shoulders.


5 Stars

Wow! Let's break this review down into separate sections, shall we? Perfect! Let's talk about the cover... I'M. IN. LOVE! This cover captures the main character, Sam in all of her perfection!

Characters. I've been a fan of Nichole's ever since I read her book Mortal Obligations (Book 1 in the Dark Betrayal Trilogy). She lets the characters grow into themselves. None of her characters ever feel as though she's forced their growth, attitudes, or persona. The main characters in Suddenly Royal are the same. Sam is fun, loveable and very much her own person. While reading this book, I often pictured Sam's facial expressions in my head and giggled.

Storyline. I'm always a sucker for a book about Princesses (I wanted to be one when I was younger), but I also harbor a healthy bit of skepticism when diving into one. Usually, it's the same old story... just "reworked". NOT WITH THIS BOOK! The storyline is a fresh, new take on this old tale. Sam is the girl that any girl would want to be and the girl that any man would want for his own. An absolute love story for the masses. The only complaint I have about this book is I wish that I could read it again for the first time! It's that darn good!

Stalker Links

Purchase Links

As always, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment